To find the right earrings, you should simply determine your face shape and read on:
|Your face shape determines what hair style, glasses, earrings etc suit you best.|
- Features: Forehead is wider than the chin, with a gently rounded hair line. Length is approximately equal to one and a half times width.
- Best pair: The oval is considered the perfect shape and pretty much everything suits it. So experiment! Try classic studs, big hoops, all sorts of funky shapes.
- Avoid: Too long earrings. They can create the illusion of longer face and "pull'' you down, which oval-shaped beauties don't want.
- Features: Circular shape which is as is as wide as it is long. Characterised by a round chin.
- Best Pair: You want to choose earrings that elongates and adds a little angle to your face. Go for long, narrow earrings with a little bit of curve masks the circle shape. Square, oblong and rectangular earrings are also options, as are dangling and angular ones.
- Avoid: circular earrings, such as hoops, as well as tiny studs and button earrings.
|Natalie portman has stunning heart-shaped face, which looks best with earring broader at the end and narrow at the beginning|
- Features: Narrow at jawline, wide at cheekbones and/or forehead. Similar to the oval face shape, but is narrower below the cheekbones to give a more pointed chin.
- Best Pair: The perfect earrings should mimic the face's shape, but upside-down. Chandelier and teardrop earrings, as well as triangular that have thetapered point at the top and work well to broaden the chin and narrow the forehead. Even circular and oval earrings will do as long as they don't taper as they descend.
- Avoid: Stay away from earrings that mirror your face shape.
- Features: Strong and broad forehead with angular jaw and a square hair line.
- Best Pair:. To look your best, you need to add a little length and soften your features, taking a dash of edge off your look. As long as you avoid harsh and angular shapes, you can wear almost any pair of earrings.Hoops and curved edges will add the necessary roundness, and drop earrings, long tear drops, or multi-tiered dangling earrings will give a square shape some length.
- Avoid: Similar to your face angular and harsh shapes.