Quantcast Burst in Style: Katie Holmes: Chic For Elle February 2011

Jan 6, 2011

Katie Holmes: Chic For Elle February 2011


   

Katie Holmes, who is about to play Jackie in an upcoming TV biopic,
is back in the spotlight looking glamorous in the February 2011 issue of Elle

   “The Romantics” actress reminds us of her elegance and style, wearing beautiful designs by Tom Ford and Phillip Lim. 

    In the interview Katie discusses playing  Jacqueline Kennedy, the making of her own fashion line, Suri and more.



On working hard to perfect her role as former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy: “I worked as hard as I could, because I loved her. On set there was this feeling that we had to create something very special, because these people were very special.”

On playing such a complex role:“[The Kennedys] were like movie stars. There was such a professionalism to their public image.”

On admiring Jackie Kennedy’s strength: “I didn’t realize that she had lost a child in August and then [Jack] was assassinated in November. I couldn’t believe it. She had so much strength….I loved her love of family, how important it was for her to be a good mother.”

On the design process for her clothing line, Holmes & Yang: “I have such an appreciation for the fine details and the amount of work it takes. I really appreciate clothing and designers so much more. It’s made shopping even better.”

On decorating: “I like to create a nice table. I love roses and orchids and French tulips and berries, and then a lot of things that are just pretty and I have no idea what their names are.”

On getting fashion advice from Suri:“She’ll really tell me [what she thinks]. Like today I’m wearing brown suede pants, and she said, ‘I don’t like your pants.’ But then she’ll say, ‘You’ve got to wear these shoes.’ Or ‘That’s so pretty, Mom. Wear that.’ She’s got a great eye.”





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration