Quantcast Burst in Style: Epic "Modern Muses" Muse Spring 2011 Issue

Feb 21, 2011

Epic "Modern Muses" Muse Spring 2011 Issue

Click on image for full size.
   Muse Magazine delivers a special 25th issue curated by Luigi Murenu and featuring a stunning mix of models.
   The 8 covers include iconic faces as well as the hottest new ones in the fashion industry. The "Modern Muses" are Gisele BundchenCarolyn Murphy, Isabeli Fontana, Guinevere Van Seenus, Malgosia Bela, Natasha Poly, Jamie Bochert and Karen Elson.
    Shot by Daniele Duella and Iango Henzi, the shoots capture the beauties' uniqueness and sensuality in a creative, at times quite provocative, manner and will surely be in great demand once it hits the newstands.

Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.

Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.

Click on image for full size.

Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Click on image for full size.
Luigi shares: “We made this portfolio with the same sparkle of an authentic homemade

project. A pure, unpretentious project that turned into a little work of art with

my signature. I think those are truly honest photos. Mainly portraits of women
I have known for a long time and whose hair I have styled thousands times.
We have worked a lot on this project and I have been able to put my experience
at stake. That was rock’n’roll, women were coming to stay only a couple of
hours, like at the doctor’s office. Instantly, they were gorgeous. With Gisele we
had just 20 minutes. I mean, you couldn’t even change your mind, so we didn’t
search originality at all costs, it’s been all so natural and with no expectations.
We just wanted to have fun, it was a special atmosphere, with music turned on
all time.

I think today’s fashion is afraid to take risks and in this project we wanted to

be totally free and anarchic, I would say more freestyle. Today’s fashion is a

Hell’s circus, a creativity jungle – which I like – and keeps me in a challenge.
Poet Edgar Lee Masters wrote: “And catch the winds of destiny wherever they
drive the boat”. You must not be afraid of daring, you must get on with it and
even go wrong. Sometimes I failed, but what matters is that I did it. If I am
who I am today is because I haven’t done what my family wanted me to do.
Well no, I have done the opposite instead. They wanted me to be an engineer.
While shooting these pictures I was not interested in the trend of the moment,
I wanted to create a long-lasting something, devoted to all the women who
inspire me and embody my style. I held a casting with very different charming
women, each one in her own right. The women I think of are many more, but
time is not unlimited. For sure, this is not a hair story, I even limited myself
with hair in respect of the individuality of every model, I wanted to make them
beautiful according to their own personality. I am very much into women’s
attitude: that is what I usually call my muses’ attitude.

I wanted to blend bad taste with good taste. As Marlene Dietrich said, as long

as it’s not kitsch is fine. I think that a certain amount of bad taste makes things

brilliant. A perfect woman with a clashing element is very fascinating to me.
We are never attracted by perfection, we find it banal, in the end.
My sources of inspiration have always been fashion, music, street style, cinema
and art. I have always had strong references to music. Madonna, for instance,
has always inspired me. She’s a beautiful woman with a boundless talent.
Nevertheless, I am not a psycho-fan, I’ve never had a poster in my bedroom.
I’m dazzled by the relationship between two individuals, and I love people
for what they are. The qualities I most appreciate in a person are clearness,
generosity, honesty, and creativity. If we have it, it’s a good start. Moreover,
I think that it is always a matter of elective affinities, as in this project.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration